Hokkien noodle stir-fry
GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 20 x 16 ounce noodle boxes
- 2kg Hokkien noodles
- 60ml canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1kg chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cabbage, shredded
- 250 grams mushrooms, sliced
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ¼ bunch shallots, sliced
- 100ml salt reduced soy sauce
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Place oil in a heated wok. Add the egg and stir until cooked.
- Add the garlic, ginger, capsicum and chicken cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add the cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini and carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the Hokkien noodles a little at a time so they don’t stick together. Cook for 5 minutes until noodles are hot.
- Finish with sliced shallots and soy sauce.
- Substitute the chicken for a different type of meat or leave it out all together
- Replace the Hokkien with Singapore or rice noodles
- Use up any other leftover veggies and add them at the same time as the other vegetables at step 4.
Recipe tested by JG April 2016
Download and print this recipe: Hokkien noodle stir-fry