Nut-free apricot bliss balls
AMBER (ACT & SA) / Occasional (NSW)
Makes 26 (portion is limited to three per student, per day)
- 1½ cups (285g) plump, dried apricots
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut (plus more for rolling)
- ½ cup (40g) skim milk powder
- ½ cup (50g) oat bran
- 1-2 tablespoons (20-40ml) boiling water
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out portions and roll into 26 balls (weigh the first ball out to 16g so you know how big they should be).
- Place extra coconut in a large lunch box, drop the rolled balls in and roll to coat.
- You can make the balls smaller but stick to a maximum weight of 35g per ball.
Recipe tested by ES November 2016
Download and print this recipe: Nut-free apricot bliss balls