Whether you’re a P&C, P&F or any kind of school-related parent body, we have plenty of helpful advice to guide your decision making. As representatives of the parent body, you have a lot of responsibility and wading through the murky policy waters or keeping up with guidelines can be time consuming, not to mention complicated.
Healthy Kids Association is a non-profit, health promotion charity with the mission to increase healthy food choices for children. We have a team of nutritionists on staff to answer any and all of your questions about the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy (the mandatory healthy canteen strategy for public schools in NSW). Plus, we offer advice on staffing your canteen, structuring the management of the canteen, keeping abreast of staff pay rates, organising fundraising events, and managing your risk .
Hosting a fundraising event?
Remember that the Fresh Tastes @ School policy covers the whole-of-school, and not just the canteen. That means, healthy food choices should be a priority even at Fetes, discos or walkathons. Healthy Kids has plenty of simple advice around offering healthy food, beyond the sausage sizzle.
Plus, our P&C insurance package is simple and easy to understand – check it out for a competitive rate.
What does membership with Healthy Kids offer?
As a member you’re entitled to:
- Access to our phone line to answer any questions regarding your school canteen (Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 4:30pm).
- 2 menu assessments per calendar year – these assessments are done by our dietitians and give advice on how to offer a healthy menu that meets your state’s policy.
- 4 recipe assessments per calendar year – we can analyse your recipe and classify it as or give advice on easy changes to make so it meets your state/territory guidelines.
- 1 Business Advisory Service consultation – our CEO will travel to your school to review your canteen operations, pricing and financial records and give advice on how to ensure your canteen is successful.
- At least 2 Healthy Kids Members Magazines per calendar year and other communications – these contain regular updates and information pertinent to running your canteen and providing healthy food at school.
- 2 tickets to the annual Healthy Kids Training & Food Exhibition Day – non-members have to purchase tickets in order to attend the event.
- Learn more about our membership.
Have you got questions? Contact us!