GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 12 serves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 litres vegetable stock (salt-reduced)
- 1 cup water
- Heat the oil in a large soup saucepan on a medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add the potatoes, pumpkin, stock and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook for 30 minutes (or until pumpkin and potatoes are soft), stir occasionally.
- Take off heat.
- Use a stick blender and blend until smooth.
- Add pepper and/or nutmeg to taste and serve.
Recipe tested by AM October 2016
Download and print this recipe: Pumpkin soup