San choy bow
GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 8 serves (2 lettuce cups per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg lean pork, minced
- 6 spring onions (approximately 1 bunch), sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 100g mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 16 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in wok or fry pan over a high heat.
- Cook pork through, stirring frequently.
- Place pork in a heatproof bowl and set aside, leaving oil in pan.
- Place the remainder of the ingredients (except for the lettuce leaves) into the hot pan, stir and cook on a low to medium heat until softened.
- Add the cooked pork back to the pan and mix well.
- Spoon the pork filling into each lettuce leaf.
- Serve immediately.
- Top with extra veggies of your choice such as grated carrot or bean sprouts.
- Have your lettuce leaves ready to go in takeaway containers (two per container) and spoon in the pork filling just before serving.
Recipe tested by AM October 2016
Download and print this recipe: San choy bow