Buyers’ Guide search
The Healthy Kids School Canteen Buyers’ Guide is a valuable tool that helps school canteen managers build healthier school canteen menus in line with their state or territory’s healthy school canteen strategy requirements.
A special note for schools and canteen in NSW: due to new healthy school canteen guidelines to be released this year, Healthy Kids will be releasing a separate Buyers’ Guide later in the year that caters specifically to these guidelines (based on the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating and the Health Star Rating). Please keep checking back for more information or give us a call on 02 9876 1300 to chat about the new guidelines.
For the all other states and territories: products listed in the 2017 Buyers’ Guide meet the Healthy Kids nutrition criteria, meaning they go beyond the minimum nutrition requirements and are healthier choices within the GREEN and AMBER food categories. The printed Buyers’ Guide is sent to all schools across Australia (only some WA schools) in time for the start of Term 1. Our Buyers’ Guide is also searchable online (see above) for all members to access. It is updated monthly.
2017 Healthy Kids School Canteen Buyers’ Guide
(ACT, NT, Qld, SA, Tas, Vic)
Please note: the Buyers’ Guide is a tool for school canteens with products listed that are not always available in supermarkets. Many have been developed specifically for the healthy school canteen strategies and are available only through distributors in food service.
The Buyers’ Guide contains:
- Colour coded lists of GREEN and AMBER products that have been assessed by the Healthy Kids nutritionists and meet the Healthy Kids Nutrient Criteria.
- Contact information for each company to make ordering easy.
- ‘Canteen Bites’ – a section with helpful info, including recipes, for canteen menus.
- ‘What’s New’ – a section highlighting NEW products.
- Advertising opportunities available for registered food and drinks and non food products and services.
School canteens across Australia receive one copy of the Buyers’ Guide each year. If you’d like to request a copy, please email us.