Smiths Hill High School P&C Association, Gipps Street, Wollongong, NSW
Canteen Manager and Casual Canteen Assistant
Smiths Hill High School is a co-educational selective high school situated in central Wollongong.
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Canteen Manager as well as recruit suitable Canteen assistant/s with availability for casual employment.
- Full time Canteen Manager – Fixed term – Casual rates (permanent role may be negotiated subject to successful probationary period)
- 35 – 38 hours per week during NSW government school terms only
- Casual canteen assistant – hours as required may include some regular shifts
- Vacancies to commence in Term 1 – 27 January 2017 (negotiable)
- Agreement / Award – The Fast Food Industry Award 2010 (MA000003) – Canteen Manager – Fast Food Employee Level 3, Canteen Assistant – Fast Food Employee Level 1
- Strong and engaged school community
The Smiths Hill High School canteen is operated by the P&C association as a service to the school community. The canteen manager is responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the school canteen.
The Manager’s role will be full time, with hours worked as negotiated between 7:00am and 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
Successful applicants must have:
- Demonstrated ability or capacity to effectively and efficiently manage the day to day running operations of a school canteen.
- Demonstrate high level of communication and interpersonal skills when working with parents, students and teachers as part of a team.
- The ability to effectively manage the canteen using voluntary help.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the health and safety issues involved in the operation of a school canteen.
- Liaise effectively with the Canteen Sub-Committee and Smiths Hill P&C Executive.
- Demonstrated the ability to offer a menu that is high quality, healthy and nutritious and affordable for our students and families.
- Demonstrated ability and capacity to provide a service to the school community and support student involvement and activities of the whole school community, including catering for school events.
- Working with Children check and criminal record check.
- Hold a Food Safety Supervisors qualification or have a commitment to gaining this qualification.
- Current First Aid certificate
- Competence in electronic communication and computerised systems including on-line canteen ordering
Interested applicants are invited to apply by email, including resume, cover letter and details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to contact Vivienne Jenkins by email or phone (0417 281 468) for further information and to request a full job description for both positions.
Closing date for applications is 4pm Wednesday 18 January 2017
Interviews will be held Monday 23 January 2017
If you would like to advertise a job or any other position at your canteen on this page, please email us. Standard job ads cost $35 for members and $50 for non-members.
Healthy Kids run a number of school canteens in the ACT and we need Canteen Managers in 2017! Read below for the details and give Jacqui, our Canteen Business Manager, a call on 1300 724 850 to chat about the jobs available.