Senior Project Officer – Healthy Food and Drink in Schools
- Do you want to get stuck into delivering some exciting health-related projects?
- How about feeling a sense of achievement from working to create generations of healthy kids?
- Looking to nab that elusive window seat (complete with stand-up desk) at Healthy Kids HQ in sunny St Leonards, Sydney?
We’re looking for you!
Healthy Kids Association (HKA) is a not-for-profit, non-government health promotion charity based in Sydney. Its mission is to promote and influence healthy food choices for children.
HKA is looking to appoint a Senior Project Officer – Healthy Food and Drink in Schools; your role will supervise the Membership and Services team to achieve the outcomes established by the Strategic Plan, Contracts with Government and Membership expectations.
The Membership and Services team delivers services to the members of HKA and to a range of other organisations as part of ongoing funding from both the ACT and NSW governments. There is a food registration and assessment scheme for the food industry to classify their products according to school canteen nutrition criteria across Australia.
You will supervise the service delivery operations of HKA. You will assist in growing the membership and working with the executive to diversify and grow revenue streams while maintaining our core values, viz the promotion of healthy eating for children and young adults.
You will be required to develop plans; identify resource requirements; research and network potential funding sources; and submit proposals for funding while maintaining strong operational controls.
For this role, you will require the following:
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrated high-level project planning skills, including delivery of high quality outcomes on time and on budget
- Proven experience in supervising and supporting staff including interns
- Experience in pricing and budgeting of projects/programmes
- Demonstrated high level negotiation and communication skills
- A strong track record in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in dietetics or nutrition and relevant experience relating to project management
- An appreciation of preventive health and its importance for children and young adults
- Understanding of the workings and demands of a membership-based organisation
Please submit your application, addressing the essential skills and experience for the position along with your resume to email@example.com. Applications will be received up until COB 28 July, 2017.
The position is open to Australian residents only.
Applications that do not address the essential skills and experience will not be considered.