Spinach and cheese torpedos
GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 10 serves
- 10 x long/torpedo rolls (choose wholemeal if possible)
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic granules or 2 large minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup (250g) reduced fat ricotta
- 2 cups (200g) reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut a channel in the top of each roll; scoop a small amount of bread centre out.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix eggs with garlic and spices.
- Stir in cheeses and spinach.
- Spoon mixture evenly into rolls.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
- Serve warm.
- You can change the flavour and add colour by swapping ½ a cup of the spinach for ½ a cup of corn kernels or diced red capsicum.
- Make mini versions with smaller dinner rolls for a hot recess snack in winter (this recipe will fill approximately 25 dinner rolls.
- When baked, pop in your pie warmer or very low oven to keep warm.
- Bake the rolls as soon as they’re filled so you don’t end up with a soggy crust.
Recipe tested by EG October 2016
Download and print this recipe: Spinach and cheese torpedos