Get Loud for Fruit & Veg! Family Challenge
Is your child’s primary school taking part in Fruit & Veg Month 2017? Then we challenge your family to ‘Get Loud for Fruit & Veg!’ (If you’re not sure whether your primary school is registered for Fruit & Veg Month, contact us to find out. PLEASE NOTE: only NSW primary schools are eligible to register for Fruit & Veg Month.)
Did you know that only about 5% of Australian adults and children eat enough fruit and vegetables? This is affecting the health and wellbeing of our nation!
The Fruit & Veg Month team is asking for your help to get the message out there… we can, and need to, eat more fruit and vegetables. Will you join us?
We have some great prizes up for grabs for the cleverest ideas!
How can you get involved?
As a family, come up with an activity that helps to spread the message to as many people as possible that we can, and need to, eat more fruit and vegetables.
Let us know, in 25 words or less, how your family got loud for fruit and veg. And don’t forget to send in an image of your activity (e.g. a copy of your flyer or poster, a photo of your afternoon tea, or a screenshot of your social media post).
You can either print out and send in a hardcopy entry form or fill in the online form below.
Need some inspiration?
- Create a flyer to encourage people to eat more fruit and vegetables and distribute in your local community
- Invite your extended family or a large group of friends to a fruit and vegetable afternoon tea
- Post a ‘Get Loud for Fruit & Veg’ message on social media (#GetLoudForFruitAndVeg).
- Create a poster and display it on your local community noticeboard
- Record a video message and post it on YouTube
- Do you know someone famous? Ask them to help you ‘Get Loud for Fruit & Veg!’
And, of course, you can come up with your own great ideas to ‘Get Loud for Fruit & Veg!’
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY STUDENTS (AND THEIR FAMILIES) FROM A FRUIT AND VEG MONTH 2017 REGISTERED SCHOOL ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER. (If you’re not sure whether your school is registered for Fruit & Veg Month, contact us to find out. Only NSW primary schools are eligible to register for Fruit & Veg Month.)
What prizes are on offer?
We have three great family prize packs to give away. Each pack contains:
- 1 x Nikon Coolpix W100 camera from Harvey Norman
- 1 x Yates family gardening pack
- 1 x $100 Harris Farm Markets online shopping voucher
- 1 x three-month subscription to Get Kids Cooking @ Home
When are entries due?
The competition opens Monday 17 July, 2017 and all competition entries must be received by 5pm, Friday 13 October, 2017. Winners will be notified by Friday 3 November, 2017.
Competition terms and conditions can be found here.
Fruit & Veg Month coordinators can find a PDF copy of the entry from here.