Apple and cinnamon pancakes
30/11/2015 Everyday, Healthy Eating, Help for Parents, Hot meals, Party food ideas, Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 grated apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 25g polyunsaturated or monounsaturated margarine
- Whisk milk and egg together in a jug.
- Sift flours into a bowl. Make a well in centre. Add milk mixture and whisk until just combined. Mix in apple and cinnamon.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with margarine. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook pancakes in batches for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing pan with margarine between batches. Serve.