Baked Chicken Meatballs
AMBER (ACT & SA)
Makes 60 meatballs
- 2 kg chicken mince
- 4.5 cups wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 10 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons mixed herbs, dried or fresh
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, herbs, onion and carrot.
- Measure out approximately 1.5 tablespoons of the mixture and roll lightly to form a ball. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet, then bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown or cooked through.
- Serve 2-3 meatballs with a meal.
- Replace chicken with lean beef, pork or turkey mince.
- This recipe can be used in meals such as: spaghetti with bolognaise sauce, meatball subs, salads or served as a hot meal with rice.
- You can use dried mixed herbs or if herbs are grown in your home or school garden use fresh herbs such as basil, rosemary and thyme.
- This recipe freezes well.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe