AMBER (ACT & SA)
Makes 14 serves
- 1 cups white self-raising flour
- 1 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1.5 cups reduced fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 large bananas, mashed (see tip below)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a loaf pan 7cm deep, 13.5x24cm (base measurement).
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- Combine the honey, milk, eggs and banana in a bowl and stir gently into the dry mixture.
- Spoon into loaf pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Stand 5 minutes in the pan before lifting onto a wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve.
- Overly ripe bananas are best to be used.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe