Bean there, Dip that
GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 10 serves
- 400g butter beans, drained but keep some of the liquid
- 1 tbsp. tahini (sesame seed spread)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove peeled and crushed garlic
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add a small amount of the liquid from the butterbean until preferred consistency is reached.
- Serve as a crunch kit with crunchy carrot sticks, celery sticks and grainy crackers.
- Try finely grating the rind of one orange (avoid the white pith). Add it to the basic recipe and use orange juice instead of liquid from the chickpeas to get the desired consistency.
- Use the different flavours of dip on different days of the week.
- Try experimenting with beans other than butterbeans, for example, use kidney beans, white beans and cannellini beans or use lentils.
- Storage: Freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container. It expands when frozen so don’t fill it up to the top!
Recipe tested by SD August 2018
Download and print this recipe: here