Beef OR chicken burgers
GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 20 x 75g patties
- 1kg lean beef OR chicken mince
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Canola oil spray
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 even balls (it’s a good idea to weigh one at the start so you know the correct size – they should be approximately 70-80g each).
- Shape each ball into a patty and, if you have time, allow them to set in the fridge for an hour.
- Just before you’re ready to cook, use your thumb to place an indent in the middle of each patty. This will stop it shrinking up into a ball during cooking.
- Spray a hot frying pan with canola oil spray and cook patties on medium heat for 5 minutes or until cooked through, before turning over and cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Wrap patties individually and freeze until needed.
Recipe tested by JG May 2016
Download and print this recipe: Beef OR chicken burgers