GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 18 serves
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 1½ tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1kg chicken breast, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 800g tomato puree or passata
- 1 cup water
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 4 zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- In a large bowl, add the garlic, cumin, coriander, garam masala and mix well. Add the chicken and coat well. If time allows, sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan on high heat, add canola oil fry off the chicken mix and onions for 3 minutes or until the spices start to go brown.
- Add the Greek yoghurt, tomato puree and water and bring to the boil, simmering for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped capsicum, zucchini and broccoli and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender and mixture has slightly thickened.
- Serve with rice.
- You can add any other vegetables of your choice to the mix.
- For a hot curry, add 1 teaspoon of chilli powder or flakes with the spice mix at step 1.
- You can make a large batch of the curry powder mix in advance. Just remember to stir it well and, when you’re ready to make the next batch, add 4 tablespoons to each recipe.
Recipe tested by JG August 2016
Download and print this recipe: Butter chicken