Canteen Supervisor Vacancy at Revesby South Public School
About the school
Revesby South Public School is a school in South Western Sydney with approx. 350 students from K-6. We are a P&C run Canteen. We have volunteers that can assist you during the day and parents that are willing to come in and help with batch cooking and baking. We have a garden club that grows some wonderful produce and chickens that provide eggs. We are also trying to teach the students the importance of recycling and re-using and promote Nude Food days in conjunction with the school.
About the role
The main role will be the day to day operations of the canteen. This will include:
- Preparing fresh meals for the students using fresh and healthy ingredients (Thermomix available)
- Directing volunteers
- Ordering and checking of stock and liaising with treasurer for payments
- Following up any discrepancies with suppliers
- Ensuring that the online system is working and updating as needed (QuickCliq)
- Ensuring that the canteen is meeting all WHS requirements
- Reporting to the Canteen Committee any issues so that they are quickly resolved
- Cash handling
As our Canteen Supervisor you will possess:
- Experience in the food service industry
- Ability or experience in managing volunteers
- A current Working with Children Check (or be willing to obtain)
Above all, you will have a friendly disposition, be self-motivated and be able to work both independently and as part of team. We are looking at re-vamping the current menu and would like the new supervisor to be heavily involved in the planning.
Please direct all queries and applications to:
Revesby South Primary P&C
Applications to be received by no later than Friday 10th June with the position to start term 3 (or earlier for training if available).
The successful candidate will be employed under The Fast Food Industry Award 2010 (MA000003) (Level 2).
The position is a Casual position Wed – Fri (8:30am – 2:30pm) with a 30 min lunch break during school terms. There is an opportunity for the role to increase to 4 – 5 days in the future.