Canteen Supervisor Vacancy, Empire Bay Public School
Empire Bay Public School P&C is looking to employ an efficient and enthusiastic Canteen Supervisor who will manage the daily activities of the school canteen by providing fresh and healthy food to the school community of around 500 students and staff.
Employed under the Fast Food Award at Level 3, this role is a minimum of three shifts per week during school terms for a 12 month duration. Shift times are between 7am and 12pm. Additional hours and days will be provided as demand requires. The P&C will review this position annually.
The Canteen Supervisor is responsible for planning, organising and monitoring all daily operations for the canteen, creating new menu items and prices, as well as working collaboratively with the P&C to review and implement all policies and procedures. The daily activities include, but are not limited to: over-the-counter service, healthy food preparation, food storage, purchasing and maintaining stock levels, rostering, training, supervising and assisting volunteers, record keeping and money handling.
- A passion for cooking and preparing healthy food
- Dedication to maintaining the highest standards of hygiene, food handling and cleanliness
- Ability to effectively lead a small team of volunteers and work cooperatively with a range of people
- Great communication skills, especially with younger children
- Sound knowledge of the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy
- A valid Working with Children Number
- Full vaccination certificate Covid-19
- Proficiency in using computer applications to manage canteen operations
- Supervisor Food Handling Certificate
- Experience and/or qualifications in providing healthy food services, preferably to children
- Experience in financial practices including costing menu items, ordering, invoicing stock control, and security of cash takings
- Experience in dealing with suppliers and preparing orders, maintaining stock levels and other duties relevant to the day-to-day running of a canteen
- Previous experience using an on-line lunch ordering system
- Passion for sustainability to keep in-line with the school’s curriculum
Your application should include:
- Cover letter
- Referees (x2) – please include phone and email details for each
To apply, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close 25th February 2022