AMBER (ACT & SA)
Makes 4 calzones
- 1 x 440g store-bought or canteen made pizza dough
- 80g light cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g light ham, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup passata sauce
- 1 tbsp. dried basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Spray some baking paper with the oil spray and place it on a baking tray.
- Split the dough into four and roll it out to make four small circles about 10cm diameter.
- Mix the ham, cheese, spinach, basil, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush half of the inside of the dough circle with about 1 tablespoon of passata sauce.
- Place about 1/4 of the filling on top of the passata-topped side of the dough circles, keeping 1cm of the edge free.
- Flip the plain unfilled dough section over to make a semi-circle and pinch the sides closed.
- Spray the top of the calzones with olive oil spray.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
Variations: Try pizza calzones by filling the dough with our Bolognese recipe
For a printable version click here