GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday NSW
Makes 10 Serves
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1kg lean pork mince
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste, no added salt
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 can (400g) black beans, rinsed drained
- 1 can (400g) corn kernels, drained
- 4 cups of iceberg lettuce, chopped finely
- 2 cups of ripe tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped into small squares
- ½ cup light Greek yoghurt
- 1.5 cups light tasty cheese, shredded
- 1.5 cups brown rice, cooked
- 10 regular flour/corn tortillas
- Brown the onion in a saucepan in the olive oil over medium heat
- Add the mince and stir until brown, add the spices and stir until fragrant
- Increase the heat to high. Add the tomato paste and stir through until combined, then add the canned tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, and then simmer the sauce until it thickens.
- Divide the sauce between the 10 tortillas.
- Place 1 tablespoon each of the beans, rice and corn on each tortilla
- Divide the lettuce up and fill the tortilla with lettuce and the tomato
- Place 1 tablespoon of Greek yoghurt on top and sprinkle with the cheese
- Grill in the sandwich press until cheese is melted
You can use lean beef, chicken, turkey, kangaroo or lamb mince in place of pork
Try using beans instead of mince for a vegetarian version.
For a printable version click here