Cheesy Garlic Bread
AMBER ACT & SA /
Makes 20, 55g slices of garlic bread
- 5 medium-length rolls of French bread, sliced lengthways and sliced into four pieces
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup tablespoons of continental parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the softened margarine with the minced garlic and chopped parsley
- In a separate bowl combine both the cheeses
- Spread margarine mixture evenly on the flat surface of the rolls
- Sprinkle with the cheese
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden on the top
- Serve warm
- Try substituting some of the cheese for parmesan to make it a super cheesy flavour.
- If you don’t have an oven, place in a pie warmer for 30 minutes.
Tips: Keep the garlic bread warm by storing in a pie warmer in foil until service
For a printable version click here