Chicken and veggie soup
GREEN (ACT, SA & VIC) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 12 serves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1½ cups dry soup mix (a mix of peas, barley and lentils), rinsed
- 2L chicken stock (salt-reduced)
- 600g skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups water
- Heat the oil in a large soup saucepan on a medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the veggies and stir through.
- Add the soup mix, stock, chicken and water and bring to the boil, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Season with pepper and serve.
Recipe tested by AM October 2016
Download and print this recipe: Chicken and veggie soup