Herb and garlic lemon chicken kebab
Healthy Kids made this chicken kebab recipe (also known as herb chicken sticks) at our HKA run canteen and sold them with great success. Read about it here.
- 1kg chicken breast – diced into 2cm cubes (roughly 85 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs – parsley, oregano, thyme
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 lemon – cut into quarters
- 2 medium zucchinis chopped into thick circles and halved
- 1 punnet (250g) of cherry tomatoes – chop each in half
- 28 bamboo skewers – soak in water to prevent burning
- Place diced chicken into a container and pour over olive oil. Add chopped herbs, crushed garlic and squeeze quartered lemon over chicken, throwing in the lemon skin when juiced. Toss to combine and place into fridge for an hour (more if time permits). This can be done the night before without the lemon juice. Add the juice the morning of sale.
- Skewer 3 pieces of chicken, 3 zucchini halves, 2 tomato halves alternatively onto a bamboo skewer. Turn grill plate onto a medium-high heat. Grill until chicken cooked through and serve immediately in foil or paper bag.