Chicken Tikka Masala – Slow cooker
Makes 12 serves
- 1 kg chicken breast, diced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons garam masala
- 5 tablespoons Sweet paprika
- 2x 800g tin crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup of Greek yoghurt
- Parsley or shallots chopped for garnish
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker except zucchini, broccoli and yoghurt and stir until well incorporated.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low.
- When the cooking process has finished, add the zucchini and broccoli and place the lid on and cook for a further 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Fold in the yoghurt and leave the lid off for 10 minutes with the cooker still turned on.
- Place in serving dished and garnish with chopped parsley or shallots
- If you don’t have a slow cooker either place in a pot on low heat for two hours until the chicken is tender or place in a braising dish in the oven at 100°C
- If you would like the chicken to hold together a little better, you can use chicken thigh
- If you have time, you could brown the chicken, onions and garlic before placing them in the cooker
- If you would like a spicy tikka masala, add 1 chopped chilli in step 1
- You could also garnish with chopped coriander
Recipe tested by JG 2018
Download a printable version of this recipe here