Creamy ham and veggie pasta
Everyone loves a creamy sauce. This recipe uses low-fat evaporated milk instead of cream for a healthier take on a family favourite.
- 350g penne pasta
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 150g lean leg ham, sliced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 375ml can low-fat evaporated milk
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet directions and drain.
- Sauté onion and garlic in a non-stick pan with a little water until onion is soft.
- Add ham and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are golden brown, adding a little water if necessary.
- Add spinach and capsicum, cooking until spinach is wilted.
- Add milk to vegetables and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat. Add milk mixture to pasta and toss to combine.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.