Crunchy Carrot Chips
Makes 20 serves
- 8 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut carrots into thin carrot rounds.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, paprika and onion powder. Toss to coat.
- Spread the seasoned carrot rounds onto lined baking trays, making sure no pieces are overlapping.
- Bake for 5 minutes before removing from oven to toss carrot chips and rotate trays if necessary. Then, bake for another 5 minutes or until the carrot pieces become crispy.
- Cool to serve.
- This is a great recipe to use if you’ve got leftover carrot peel you would otherwise waste.
- This recipe also works with potato and parsnip.
- Substitute the paprika and onion powder for cinnamon and honey.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.