Crunchy Rainbow Veg and Chicken Wrap
GREEN (ACT, SA & VIC) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 10 serves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. ginger, crushed
- 1 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp. barbeque sauce
- 500g baked chicken breast, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, chopped finely
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup red capsicum, chopped into thin strips
- 1/4 cup of mint
- 1/2 cup of coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese (preferably reduced fat), shredded
- 10 wholemeal wraps (25cm width)
- Combine the chicken sauceingredients in a large bowl with the chicken breast and rest for a minimum of 5 minutes. If longer, store in the fridge.
- Mix the other fillingingredients together in a large bowl.
- Portion the mixed salad between the 10 wraps and then portion out the chicken between them too.
- Roll up the wrap and put in a paper bag to serve.
- You can us the same fillings for other recipes such as sandwiches, pizza or salad.
- Replace chicken with cooked strips of beef, egg or firm tofu.
- Experiment with other types of vegetables like, shredded beetroot, avocado, yellow capsicum or cherry tomatoes.
Recipe tested by SD August 2018
Download and print this recipe: Crunchy Rainbow Veg and Chicken Wrap