Custard Fruit Bites
GREEN (ACT & SA) / EVERYDAY (NSW)
Makes 14 bites (25g each) using a standard ice cube tray
- 150g (1 cup) soft fruit (e.g. mango, peach, berries, banana, passionfruit)
- 200g reduced-fat vanilla or chocolate custard
- Finely chop the fruit.
- Distribute fruit into each mould of a standard ice cube tray.
- Pour custard over the fruit, filling the moulds.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours or until solid.
- Pop bites out of trays and place in a freezer container.
- Serve bites in a cup with either a toothpick or fork.
- You could also use reduced-fat yoghurt or flavoured milk!
- Using an ice cube tray with smaller moulds makes smaller fruit bites which may be easier to eat.
- You can use fresh, frozen, or canned fruit.
- If you’re using shaped moulds or those made out of silicone, be careful when it comes to popping them out because they can be fragile. We recommend sitting the moulds in a little warm water for 30 seconds to help loosen them first.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe