Custard Fruit Bites
GREEN ACT/SA / Everyday NSW
Makes about 14 bites or 1 ice cube tray.
- 150g (1 cup) soft fruit (e.g. mango, peach, berries, banana, passionfruit)
- 200g vanilla or chocolate custard
- Ice cube trays
- Serving cups
- Toothpicks or forks
- Finely chop the fruit.
- Distribute fruit in each of the ice cube moulds.
- Pour custard over the fruit, filling the moulds.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours or until solid.
- Pop bites out of trays and place in a freezer container.
- Serve bites in a cup with either a toothpick or fork.
- Using a smaller capacity ice-tray makes smaller fruit bites which may be easier to eat
- You can use fresh, frozen, or canned fruit. Make a variety of different flavours. The students can then pick how many bites they want and can choose different flavours.
- If you’re using shaped moulds or those made out of silicone, be careful when it comes to popping them out because they can be fragile. We recommend sitting the moulds in a little warm water for 30 seconds to help loosen them first.