Egg muffin cups
GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 12 cups
- 12 slices of wholemeal bread, crust removed
- ½ cup reduced fat cheese, grated
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup reduced fat milk
- Pre heat oven to 180°
- Lightly spray or grease a large 12-cup muffin tin.
- Place 1 slice of bread in each muffin cup and squash it down slightly.
- In a bowl, combine cheese, spinach, tomato and parsley and mix well.
- Distribute the mix evenly into each of the bread cups in the muffin tray.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together and pour mixture evenly over each cup.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are set and golden.
- Use a variety of different ingredients for the mix, including mixed herbs, feta cheese, capsicum or any other veg.
Recipe tested by JG October 2016
Download and print this recipe: Egg muffin cups