Fluffy Flat Pancakes
Makes 8 serves
- 1½ cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Whisk milk and egg together in a jug.
- Sift flours into a separate bowl, then make a well in the centre. Add in the milk mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray. Scatter the berries on top, pushing them down slightly into the mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into squares. Best served warm by itself, or topped with yoghurt and/or honey.
- Add as many different toppings as you like! Why not try raspberry and pear at one end, and apple and cinnamon at the other?
- This recipe is freezer friendly. Heat a frozen pancake square in the microwave for a couple of minutes and it makes for a quick and delicious breakfast for busy mornings.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.