AMBER (ACT & SA) / Occasional (NSW)
Makes 14 muffins; berry, banana, apple and cinnamon, banana and blueberry, peach and passionfruit or chocolate and banana
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (150g) white self raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal self raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup reduced fat milk
- Approximately 1 cup fruit (see variations below)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly coat muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, sift together flours and sugar, making a well in the centre.
- Lightly whisk eggs then add oil and milk.
- Add the mixture to the dry ingredients along with the fruit. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix at this stage.
- Spoon into muffin tins, making 14 muffins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled at room temperature.
- Berry muffins: 1 cup of frozen berries, mixed or individual (e.g. raspberries, blueberries) + 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Banana muffins: 1 cup mashed banana (approximately 2 large bananas).
- Apple and cinnamon muffins: 1 cup peeled and grated/finely diced apple + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Banana and blueberry muffins: ½ cup mashed banana + ½ cup blueberries.
- Peach and passionfruit muffins: ¾ cup diced, canned peaches (in fruit juice) + 2 tablespoons passionfruit pulp.
- Chocolate and banana: ¼ cup cocoa powder sifted + 1 cup mashed banana (approximately 2 large bananas).
Recipe tested by JG April 2016
Download and print this recipe: Fruit muffins