AMBER (ACT & SA)
Makes 18 medium gozleme
- 4 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt, reduced-fat
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g spinach
- 1 cup light tasty cheese, grated
- 100g light feta, diced
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- To make the dough, mix the flour, yoghurt and warm water in a bowl until well combined.
- Separate mixture into 18 portions and roll each into a ball. Cover with a damp tea-towel and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface, knead mixture to form a soft dough. Add more flour if required.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the spinach, shredded cheese and feta to create the filling.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each dough ball into a thin flat circle.
- Top half of each dough circle with the spinach and cheese filling, leaving a space around the edges.
- Fold each dough circle in half, pressing edges with a fork to seal.
- Heat a fry pan on medium heat with olive oil. Place gozeleme (as many fit to the size of your pan) onto the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook for further 2 minutes. Repeat until all gozeleme are cooked.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving with a drizzle of lemon juice.
- Substitute filling with other ingredients such as cooked mince, tomatoes, red capsicum, grated carrot, shredded chicken or sliced mushroom.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe