30/10/2019 A bit of fun, Canteen recipes, Everyday, GREEN, Healthy Eating, HKA Kitchen, Recipes, Snacks, Uncategorized
GREEN ACT & SA/ Everyday NSW
Makes 8 serves
- 1 small Halloween pumpkin (about 500g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 for roasting, 1 for hummus
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of water to thin if needed
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded, and thinly sliced
- breadsticks and pitta chips, to serve
- Cut the top off the pumpkin, about two-thirds of the way up. Remove the pumpkin seeds and any loose flesh out of the bottom and the lid.
- Heat oven to 150 degrees C. Rinse seeds, place on baking sheet, sprinkle with a little salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil until lightly brown. Leave to cool.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini and chickpeas into a food processor. Blend to a paste – add a little more oil if it’s too thick. Scoop the hommus back into the pumpkin and serve with the peppers, breadsticks and pitta chips. Top with roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Try adding roasted pumpkin to the recipe for pumpkin flavoured hummus