Healthy Caesar salad
04/12/2013 Canteen recipes, Everyday, GREEN, Healthy Eating, Lunchbox, Recipes, Salad
- 3 lettuces (try using 3 different varieties)
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 300g croutons (toast 30 slices of wholemeal bread and cut into 1cm squares)
- 1 cup reduced fat cheese, shredded
- 24 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 200g reduced fat Caesar salad dressing
- 24 disposable containers
- 24 disposable forks
- Wash and dry lettuce and separate leaves. Tear or chop leaves into smaller sizes where necessary.
- Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, croutons and shredded cheese into the 24 containers.
- Top with a boiled egg and drizzle with a small amount of reduced fat Caesar salad dressing.
- The old crusts of bread make good croutons. Save the crusts from the bread you use to make sandwiches.
- If you use commercial croutons, choose reduced fat varieties.
|Per serve (180g)||Per 100g|
|Fat- Total (g)||11||6.2|
|Fat- Saturated (g)||3.5||2.0|
|Carbohydrate- Total (g)||6.4||3.6|
|Carbohydrate- Sugar (g)||2.2||1.2|