GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 20 x 16 ounce noodle boxes
- 50ml canola oil
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1kg chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 3 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 12 cups cooked rice
- ¼ bunch shallots, sliced
- 100ml salt reduced soy sauce
- Heat pan or wok and add the canola oil.
- Add lightly beaten eggs and cook until they form an omelette, then break it up into chunks.
- Place cooked egg into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the peas and rice, continually stirring all ingredients from the bottom of the pan or wok until the peas are heated through.
- Add the cooked egg and fold through.
- Finish with sliced shallots and soy sauce.
- Replace the chicken with 800g of diced, salt reduced ham, or firm tofu chunks.
- Replace the zucchini, carrot and peas with 5 cups of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Make sure the soy sauce is added last minute, otherwise it will stick to the pan if cooked for too long.
Recipe tested by JG May 2016
Download and print this recipe: Fried rice