Healthy Kids tomato sauce
Make approximately 4L
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 medium zucchinis, grated
- 6 carrots, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ – 1 cup water
- 3 x 810g tins of diced or crushed tomatoes (no added salt)
- 2 bunch parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Put onions, zucchinis, carrots, garlic in a large stock pot/saucepan.
- Add ½ – 1 cup of water.
- Cover and steam until vegetables are tender (approximately 10 mins).
- Add tomatoes and parsley.
- Bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend with a stick blender.
- Any vegetables can be added to this recipe. Try capsicum, mushrooms or green beans.
- This sauce has many uses. It can be used as a: pizza base sauce, dipping sauce, pasta sauce for bolognese or lasagne and much more.
When using as a pasta sauce add 4 cups of pre soaked red lentils. This will increase fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals to the meal.
|Per serve (1 cup)||Per 100g|
|Fat- Total (g)||0.4||0.2|
|Fat- Saturated (g)||0||0|
|Carbohydrate- Total (g)||7.5||3.4|
|Carbohydrate- Sugar (g)||7.4||3.3|