Homemade chicken nuggets
GREEN (ACT & SA)
* Canteen-made crumbed chicken (and other crumbed products) are “Everyday” in NSW if oven-baked.
Looking for a delicious homemade chicken nugget recipe? Try this one, and read our blog about serving chicken nuggets in the canteen.
Makes 20 nuggets
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (choose wholemeal or mixed grain breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 500g skinless chicken breast, cut into 3cm cubes
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix breadcrumbs with the dried herbs and place in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into a separate shallow dish.
- Put chicken in a plastic bag (or lunch box) with the flour and shake to coat the chicken.
- Dip each floured chicken piece first in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumbs, then lay on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes or until nuggets become golden brown (cooking time may vary depending on the size of the nuggets).
Recipe tester: ES August 2015