Leafy Green Parsley Pesto
Makes 20 serves (250mL)
- 1 cup firmly packed parsley leaves
- 1½ cups leafy greens (e.g. spinach, rocket, kale, watercress or chard)
- 2 tablespoons pepita (pumpkin) seeds (20g), lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (20g), lightly toasted
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients (except oil and water) into a food processor or blender.
- Pulse for 30 seconds, scraping down the sides as needed.
- While the food processor is still running, slowly add the oil in a steady stream.
- Check the taste and consistency. If necessary, add extra lemon juice, pepper or water to modify taste or thickness.
- If you don’t have parsley, you could use basil leaves instead.
- This diverse recipe can be used in pasta dishes, on wraps or sandwiches, on pizza or in muffins.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.