Mac and cheese muffins
GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 12 muffins
- ½ cup red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup zucchini, grated
- ½ cup sweet potato, grated
- 1 cup (100g) reduced fat cheese, grated and firmly packed into the cup
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups (290g) of cooked pasta (made from 125g dry pasta)
- 6 medium eggs
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- A pinch of cracked pepper
- Canola oil spray
- In a large bowl add capsicum, zucchini, sweet potato, cheese, parsley and pasta and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, milk and pepper and whisk well, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Place into lightly sprayed muffin tins and cook on 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin pan.
Recipe tested by JG July 2016
Download and print this recipe: Mac and cheese muffins