No-bake date and seed bar
AMBER (ACT & SA) / Occasional (NSW)
Makes 16 bars
- 5 cups (425g) deseeded dried dates
- 1-2 tablespoons (20-40ml) boiling water
- 5 cups (135g) rolled oats
- 1 cup of seeds of your choice (e.g. pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds)
- Additional seeds for topping (optional)
- Place dates and boiling water in food processor and blend until dates become a sticky paste.
- Mix in the dry ingredients with the date mix (this can be done in the food processor on pulse mode, or if you prefer whole seeds we recommend using a paddle attachment).
- Press the mix into a lunch box or small baking tin (aim for 1 cm height or less).
- Add extra seeds as a topping by sprinkling on top and pressing in with a spatula.
- Refrigerate overnight before slicing into small squares or bars.
- This recipe can be doubled as needed.
Recipe tested by JG November 2016
Download and print this recipe: No-bake date and seed bar