Nut-free choco-date bliss balls
AMBER (ACT & SA) / Occasional (NSW)
Makes 29 (16g each, limit to three balls per student)
- 150g pitted dates (ensure seeds are removed)
- 150g dried apricots
- 100g rolled oats
- 15g cocoa
- 40g desiccated coconut (plus more for rolling)
- 1-2 tablespoons (20-40ml) boiling water
- Place all ingredients apart from water in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add water slowly until mixture just comes together (add more if it’s too dry).
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out portions and roll into 29 balls (weigh the first ball out to 16g so you know how big they should be).
- Place extra coconut in a large lunch box, drop the rolled balls in and roll to coat.
Recipe tested by ES November 2016
Download and print this recipe: Nut-free choco-date bliss balls