Our top 10 easy GREEN and Everyday winter snacks for the canteen
These quick and easy GREEN/Everyday snacks ideas are perfect for warming little fingers on those cold and rainy days. Make sure you add as much veg as you can to your muffin pizzas, toasted jaffles and pasta and fried rice cups, and that your cheese selection is reduced fat.
- Corn on the cob: sprinkled with herbs, wrapped in foil and cooked in the oven.
- Cheesy melt: half a roll with a slice of melted cheese.
- Mini soup cups: homemade with added veg.
- Muffin pizzas: with assorted veg, lean and reduced salt ham, and reduced fat cheese.
- Mini cup of beans with pita bread wedges: baked bean or a chilli con carne mix.
- Hot chocolate: using reduced fat milk.
- Mini pasta cups: try a homemade sauce with added veg.
- Toasted jaffles: so many variations, with reduced fat cheese.
- Mini fried rice cups: homemade with added veg.
- Baked potatoes with beans and cheese: either baked beans or a chilli con carne mix.