GREEN (ACT & SA)
Pikelets are a school canteen favourite and can be customised to suit any taste and style.
Makes 24 mini pikelets (approximately 8 serves)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- ¾ cup reduced fat milk
- 1 egg
- Margarine, for brushing pan
- Sliced strawberries and yoghurt to serve, or any topping you like!
- Sift flour into bowl and stir in sugar.
- Whisk together milk and egg and stir into dry ingredients.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Brush with margarine.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of mixture into pan (use metal cookie cutters to create particular shapes).
- Cook for around 30 seconds or until bubbles appear on surface, turn over and cook on other side until golden.
- Serve with strawberries and dipping yoghurt or your favourite topping.