GREEN (ACT & SA) / Everyday (NSW)
Makes 16 serves
- 4 round wraps, Lebanese breads or medium pizza bases or 2 large rectangular bases; preferably wholemeal or whole grain (must be wholemeal/whole grain if in NSW)
- 8 tablespoons tinned crushed or diced tomatoes (salt reduced)
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (dried or fresh)
- 1 medium red or yellow capsicum, diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (140g) poached or grilled skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 cups reduced fat grated cheese
- Preheat the oven 180°.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes and herbs together, placing one tablespoon of the mixture on each pizza base.
- Continue to top the pizzas by sprinkling the remaining ingredients evenly over the bases, finishing with the cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Once out of oven, carefully cut into fingers or wedges.
- You can use any bread base you like such as wholemeal Lebanese bread, pita bread, Turkish bread, or whole grain/wholemeal muffins.
- Choose any combination of veg you like, including any baked veggie leftovers, but stick to just once choice of meat per pizza.
Recipe tested by EG December 2016
Download and print this recipe: Pizza fingers