Pumpkin and spinach salad
- 1.5kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 300g baby spinach leaves
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat a grill/fry pan on high heat. Brush pumpkin with oil and season with pepper. Cook pumpkin for about 1 minute on each side or until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place spinach, feta and pumpkin in a large serving bowl.
- Combine mustard, vinegar and remaining olive oil in a separate bowl, stir well to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad (just prior to serving) and mix well.
- Divide into individual containers and serve.
You can also steam the pumpkin by bringing a saucepan of water to the boil and placing the pumpkin in a steamer for about 10 minutes.
|Per serve (175g)||Per 100g|
|Fat- Total (g)||7.6||4.3|
|Fat- Saturated (g)||2.6||1.5|
|Carbohydrate- Total (g)||8.2||4.7|
|Carbohydrate- Sugar (g)||5.5||3.1|