If you would like to advertise a job or any other position at your canteen on this page, please contact us. Standard job ads cost $35 for members and $50 for non-members.
Canteen Manager – Forrest Primary School
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated, dynamic person to join us at Forrest Primary School (FPS) to manage our school canteen (25 hours per week).
The canteen is run by the P&C Association on a not-for-profit basis and operates 4 days per week from 9:00am to 1:00pm, serving a school population of 550.
At FPS, we recognise canteens play a vital role in promoting healthy foods and creating a culture of healthy eating within the school community that supports and reinforces classroom learnings about good health, wellbeing and sustainability. As a valued member of our community, we will be seeking your commitment to establish a progressive canteen which meets both the needs of FPS and the overarching ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy 2015.
As Canteen Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the effective and efficient day-to-day operation of the canteen including the provision of nutritious, appealing and affordable food in a fast-paced environment.
1. Experience with handling and preparing food in a safe and hygienic manner
2. Knowledge of nutrition and healthy eating guidelines
3. Basic financial skills – good mental arithmetic skills and ability to handle money
4. Ability to work independently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
5. Ability to lead and manage other staff and volunteers as required
6. Working with Vulnerable People Card
7. Basic computing skills
8. Knowledge and understanding of government guidelines and policies related to the operation of school canteens
9. Holder of Food Safety Supervisor qualifications e.g. SITXSFA201/101 or willing to obtain these qualifications
10. First Aid Certificate
11. Holder of current driver licence
Applications addressing the selection criteria should be emailed to email@example.com
Please include a current CV with two references.
Duty statement available on request.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd April 2018 COB
For further information please contact Executive Director 02 62958985
Canteen Manager – Thornleigh West Public School
Thornleigh West Public School located in Northern Sydney is seeking a highly motivated and highly organised canteen manager, ready to start in early April. The Casual role is 16-20 hours per week from Wednesday to Friday during school terms. For further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the canteen manager you will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Coordinate the daily operation of the school canteen and manage the preparation of food and counter services.
- Identify stock requirements and place orders with appropriate vendors on a regular basis.
- Participate in regular stocktake, recording and reporting processes.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records for the canteen and associated catering operations including filing of ordering, receipt and associated documentation.
- Responsible for following the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy as outlined by NSW Health
- Liaise with suppliers to maximise earning potential for the school.
- Deliver a quality service to students and customers through approved marketing arrangements.
- Ensure food storage and handling is appropriate, hygienic and in accordance with the standards outlined by health controlling authorities within relevant legislation and regulations.
- Provide effective supervision and appropriate training and assistance to canteen volunteers in the performance of their roles.
- Observe Workplace Health and Safety Practices to ensure that the canteen and equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Oversee volunteer canteen staff ensuring: – Positive work environment is maintained and clear and concise operational procedures are provided – Display of emergency procedures is in a prominent place – Rosters are prepared on a weekly basis – Oversee cash handling and related security processes, collect monies, balance funds at the end of the day and banking at the end of the week.
- Remuneration is as per the Fast Food Industry 2010 Award (MA000003)
- Start date ideally before end of Term 1 (April 2018)
Applications close: 5th March 2018. To apply please provide the following information to email@example.com:
- A covering letter, CV and relevant qualifications.
- No job agencies please
Healthy Kids Association’s mission is to promote and influence healthy food choices for children.
We are currently looking for staff with a chef background or strong cooking skills to manage school canteens in the Canberra area. Highly organised and motivated and ready to start early 2018.
Also required are Canteen Assistants to help with the day-to-day operations.
You must have a working with vulnerable people registration or be willing to obtain one.
Please contact Jacqui – Canteen Business Manager, for further details on 9876 1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The canteen assistant position at Roseville College will help the manager with the day-to-day running of the canteen. Is that you? Send a short cover letter and resume to Jacqui Gowan – Canteen Business Manager: email@example.com