High School Support
Are you a high school that needs assistance with transitioning to a healthy canteen? Good news – help is available!
NSW Health has launched a Secondary School Support Service which is dedicated to supporting NSW secondary schools to meet the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy.
Canteen managers, staff and volunteers are welcome contact the service on (02) 9876 1300 (or 1300 724 850 outside of Sydney) between the hours of 8:30-4:30pm, weekdays.
The support line can help you with:
- Understanding the Food & Drink Criteria
- Finding Health Star Rating information
- Making changes to your menu to meet the criteria
- Marketing and promoting a healthy canteen
- Product enquiries
- Completing the Ready, Set, Choose Action List
- Filling out and completing a Menu Check application form
- Product recommendations
- Resources and support tools available
If you are after more information, ideas, tools and templates to support you in providing healthier food & drink options to students at your high school, click here.
To view the Secondary School Support Service flyer, click here.