Spinach and Cheese Triangles
Makes 20 Spinach & Cheese Triangles (serves 20)
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove (½ teaspoon minced garlic)
- 2 bunches (600g) English spinach, prepped, washed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 2 eggs
- 20 sheets of filo pastry
- Canola spray
- Preheat oven to 160˚C
- In a large saucepan cook off the onions and garlic until transparent
- Add the spinach till it is cooked down 2-3 minutes
- Drain and allow to cool
- In a large bowl add the spinach mix, ricotta, cheese, feta and eggs and mix well.
- Layout 1 sheet of filo pastry and lightly spray with canola spray and place another sheet on top cut the sheets in half
- Place 2 tablespoons of the filling on the bottom corner of each sheet and roll into a triangle
- Repeat steps 6-7, 10 times.
Variations: If you have the space and time use a rolled out pizza dough instead of Filo pastry.
For a printable version of this recipe click here