Super Sight Muffins
AMBER (ACT & SA)
Makes 14 muffins
- 1 cup white self-raising flour
- ¾ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ½ cup sultanas
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 200°C.
- Lightly coat muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Sift the flours into a large mixing bowl. Add cinnamon and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil and honey. Whisk in eggs, then add the yoghurt and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Add the grated carrot and sultanas into the mixture and fold through.
- Spoon event amounts of the mixture into the muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve warm or cooled at room temperature.
- Substitute carrot and sultanas with other sweet fruit or veg, such as berries, apples or nectarines.
- For appearance, sprinkle some oats on top of the muffins before putting them in the oven.
- To make this into a carrot and sultana loaf, cook mixture in a bread tin for approximately 40-45 minutes.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.