Superhero Salad Bowl
GREEN ACT/SA / Everyday NSW
Makes 6 serves
- 2 cups raw beetroot, shredded
- 2 cups kale, chopped finely
- 2 cups carrot, shredded
- 2 cups of sweet peas
- 2 cups of corn kernels
- 6 cups of mixed leaves
- 1.5 x 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup seeds (linseed, pumpkin or sunflower)
- Combine all salad ingredients into a large bowl
- Combine the dressing ingredients and stir through salad ingredients
- Separate into 6 serving bowls
- Top with a sprinkle of the seeds
- If sesame is not restricted for use in the school, try adding ¼ cup tahini with 1 cup of lemon juice for an amazing dressing.
- If sesame is not restricted for use in the school, sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or poppy seeds.
- If time permits, try sectioning the ingredients into individual bowls (see picture).
- Adding a grain food like quinoa or couscous further adds to the appeal of this salad.
Tips: Add the dressing right before serving.
For a printable version of this recipe click here